Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Julie Grey Series by: Deanna Raybourn



Julia Grey Series.... By: Deanna Raybourn

Silent in the grave, Silent in the Sanctuary, and Silent on the Moor are all wonderful Victorian Mysteries with one of the best beginnings I have ever read-- Excerpt from Silent in the Grave:

To say that I met Nicholas Brisbane over my husband's dead body is not entirely accurate. Edward, it should be noted, was still twitching upon the floor.

Lovely is it not? This series is without a doubt one of my favorite mystery series. The covers above might be an older version--or for another country for distribution, I don't know but I love them. The style of them have me thinking "Victorian" for some reason, and the little inscriptions of
Let the wicked be ashamed and let them be silent in the grave
and
A wickedly witty Julia Grey mystery
under the title totally make me giddy.
I absolutely love the covers below as well, albeit the last one is still giving me a hard time I know, I know, I'm a cover snob--yes I have been punished for it many times, missing out on lovelies with less than pleasant covers--yet still I am a cover snob *sigh* I just love the first two covers so much, if you were skimming over covers and you happened to see the first two, you'd be pulled back to take a second look would you not? The buildings bellow have you pearing closer to get a better look, and the pictures on top have you wondering what the mystery is about, especially the second one. Is she hiding from someone? Is she snooping? Where is she going? Is she the victim? The murderer? all these questions come to mind when I look at it and have me flipping pages in earnest reading to find out what happens. Then there is the last cover, yes it is pretty, but ripped corset, heavy breathing, and aching pains a la Harlequin Romance comes to mind, which is not what the book is about. I would've liked to see a continuation of the theme the first two covers had--ah well, it is still a lovely book :) Also, rumor has it there's a fourth one coming out! *YAY*



Other Latest Reads:

On The Edge by Ilona Andrews
Lament by Maggie Stiefvater
One for the Money by Janet Evanovich
Sunshine by Robin McKinley
Dead until Dark by Charlaine Harris

No comments: