Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Beauty and the Beast Retellings


It seems that I've been reading a lot of The Beauty and The Beast Retellings. The first one I read,  Robin Mckinley's Beauty, I knew was a retelling because it says on the cover which I picked up and read a while ago. Then a few weeks ago I picked up Beastly by Alex Flinn because it was on the YA display shelf at the library and soon after I started reading it there were hints all over as to what story it was retelling (and no I couldn't tell right off the bat by the cover, yes I am sometimes that daft). And now I'm  reading Patricia Brigg's The Hobb's Bargain because I simply have this uncontrollable urge to read everything of Ms. Brigg's until I can finally get my hands on Silver Borne (Out March 2010 *squeeee!* I simply can't wait!)
I haven't finished it yet (Thanks to this wonderful Book Rut I'm in, it's taking me FOREVER) but some of the reviews I've read since starting it said that it plays out as somewhat a Beauty and the Beast retelling.

2 comments:

Angiegirl said...

Okay, you have to tell me how it is when you finish THE HOB'S BARGAIN because I have really been looking forward to getting my hands on it.

taunaw said...

I love that Beastly book's cover, was it any good?