Saturday, June 19, 2010

Have you Heard


     Have you heard Tor is offering the first three chapters of Brandon Sandersons next release, The Way of Kings due out August 31. You do have to register in order to read the chapters, but to register is anything but painful and only takes 20 seconds, if that. . . seriously, I just registered. 







      Paramount and MTV have picked up the film rights for Lisa Mcmann's Wake Trilogy! And rumor has it the person chosen to play Janie? None other than yours truly, Ms. Miley Cyrus. I'm not too sure if I see my Janie in Miley but I've been proved wrong many times before, either way I can't wait to see it. I'm always filled with giddy trepidation when I hear books I love being adapted into movies.







    Look at these pretties I just found on Patricia Briggs Blog. I remember poking around her blog a while ago and seeing that instead of writing the third installment to her Alpha and Omega series this year, she was going to be working on her first book Masques, which will be back in print after 15 years when it is released later this year in the fall. Wolfsbane is the sequel to Masques and will also be released in the fall. While at the time I was bummed not to be getting my Anna and Charles fix as I would my Mercy and Adam fix, I have learned long ago that Ms. Briggs can do me no wrong. So while I might be bummed to wait a little longer for the third installment of Alpha and Omega, I am confident my thirst will be quenched with both these lovelies until next year.




Lastly, here are some Foreign covers to some lovelies.

    The Chinese cover for Magic Burns from husband and wife duo Ilona Andrews
The Portuguese cover for Kristin Cashore's Graceling

4 comments:

Allison said...

I am soooOOOoOOOooo excited about Way of Kings! Can't wait for the whole thing :)

KIKA said...

:D LOL I'd thought you'd like that Allison

Susan said...

Ugh! Miley Cyrus as Janie? I do not see that one AT ALL.

taunaw said...

Miley Cyrus? NOOOO!!!!