Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop
(Never heard of it? Simply click the image above to find out more)

The Question This week is:

"What is the one bookish thing you would love to have, no matter the cost?"
For me, I would hire Tom Holdman to do a mural for my personal library at home. The first time I saw Holdmans work was at my local library. He did two large murals named "Windows to the imagination" depicting characters from stories and fairytale's. The art work is beautiful and I could spend hours just slowly looking through the mural picking out characters I know and scenes I've read about. 

 









   And when the sun shines through painting all the colors on the walls, floor, and bookshelves? *sigh* oh I could just float away.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my goodness, those are so beautiful! They remind me of the stained-glass windows at the beginning of Beauty and the Beast. I definitely need some of those in my library.

Kim said...

Thanks for hopping by my blog! Those windows are absolutely gorgoeous; I can see why you chose them for your answer!

Sarah said...

you have a Mac? I am so jealous :) I hope you get the delicious library, it looks awesome!

La Coccinelle said...

Cool!

Marg said...

Wow, those windows are amazing!

smittenskitten said...

OMG! They are absolutely gorgeous! I totally want something like those in my library *sigh*
Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
Following you back.

Tom Holdman said...

I had a great time making these windows and learning so many fairy tales. I love reading so very much and grabbed to opportunity to inspire others to find the great world of books. I'm currently doing another library mural 10' by 200' for the UVU Library. I'ld love to do something for your library. There are Posters of this work available though for purchase at the library.

Tom Holdman