Monday, November 8, 2010

PW's top books for 2010

Publisher Weekly released it's top books for 2010 this morning in two lists.
   One list is the top books for adults and the other is PW's Top books for Children


Sad story?
   I have not read one book on the Top 10 books of the year.
Not only that it's not till the #9 spot with *The Lonely Polygamist that I've even heard of the title.

Happy Story?
  Incarceron, Mockingjay and Matched all made the children's list. And yes those I have heard of and have read. . .well except for **matched.

KEY BEE:
 *Only because it was on the book table at Costco
**So much for the credibility line. Well I have heard of it.

8 comments:

Alison said...

Cool! I didn't know this list was out. It's rather silly that they mix Children's and YA together in one list. They really deserve separate lists.

TheWingchairTraveller said...

If you were wondering which one to choose first from the adult list, I highly recommend Freedom, or any book by Jonathan Franzen for that matter. He's a master!

KIKA said...

Alison: Amen sister!

TheWingChairTraveller: thank you much! I shall jump on it :) Thanks for stopping by!

Andi said...

Good-lookin' list! Sadly, I haven't read any of them either.

:D

KIKA said...

Andi! LOL phew that makes me feel better ;) hehe

TheBookGirl said...

I heartily recommend The Lonely Polygamist...it's one of my favorite books of the year. If you'd like more info, you can check out my review; its one of my first postings.

BookQuoter said...

I'm not much better off, only read Freedom for the adult. And two YA, Mockingjay and Before I Fall. But I will be on the look-out for the rest. Thanks!

KIKA said...

TheBookGirl: Thanks so much :) I just swung over to your blog and looked it up!

BookQuoter: haha glad to know I'm not alone!