Sunday, May 22, 2011

Welcome!


If you're participating in Armchair BEA and cruising on through feel free to poke around!
If you're just browsing through, you're welcome in too :D

Hi! My name is Kika, I'm a junior in college and am from Utah.
I'd usually be blogging from there, but this summer I'm
doing a broadcast internship out here in Austin, TX
so I will be participating from Texas this year!
(anyone out there from Texas?)
I actually just picked up my Austin Public Library card, as well as 
a Round Rock library card!
mmm Two library cards Makes me a very happy girl :)
Anywho--- onto the blog.
My love is in Young Adult and childrens literature,
I'd die (no pun intended) for the perfect mystery,
and
often times I get lost in the ebbs and flows
of fantasy and science fiction.
My tastes are eclectic and I simply delight in new characters
stories,
and adventures. 
So if you have favorites or suggestion send them my way!

This yer with Armchair BEA,
I'll be making my rounds among the many other participants of BEA
and will also be hosting a few giveaways on the blog.
I'll still be working a lot and so won't have all the time I'd like to be meeting all the other
wonderful bloggers out there 
but I will be trying to keep up with all the Twitter parties as well.
Leave a note if you've stopped by, I'd love to visit you back!
Let the fun begin :D


(With the end of the semester and moving out here to Texas I haven't been the best in updating the blog---so if the posts seem a bit spotty as of late,
I apologize)

9 comments:

Holly said...

Awesome intro post - I've missed you! And Texas? Hope you are enjoying your internship.

Heather @ Geeky Reads said...

I love my library too! I get 75% of the books that I read there. It's pretty awesome for the price of one book, I can read all the books I want for a year. You can't go wrong with that.

Alison said...

Welcome to Armchair BEA! My husband is from Utah. I may end up living there.

KIKA said...

HOlly: *waves* how are you?! I've missed you too :) you are so sweet, and so far I"m loving austin!

Heather: yay! haha I'm glad you love the library too! its awesome isn't it?!

Alison: haha thank you! I love Utah!---but then again it's my home, and you always have a special place for home right? :) Let me know if you ever move there!

ham1299 said...

Happy Armchair BEA! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better!

Tevya said...

Hi Kika! Nice to meet you. Love your blog. I'm a new follower. Looking forward to following your posts through the Armchair BEA and beyond! :)

A Backwards Story said...

Hi Kika! I love your name! I also adore your header! Did you draw that yourself? It's GORGEOUS!

I can't wait to see what fantasy you love! Oh, and Twitter parties? *perks up*

Andrea said...

Thanks for visiting Reading Lark. I love that Armchair BEA is introducing me to some great blogs! I am a new follower. :)

Andrea @ Reading Lark

Andi said...

Wooohooo!!! Texan here! Glad to have you aboard for the summer. Enjoy! And stay hydrated. :D