Friday, December 16, 2011

Feature and Follow Friday!

Oh. My. Lanta.
This friday couldn't have come fast enough.
I finished my last final today at exactly 4:00
and my brain is fried.
BUT I do feel a lot lighter/happier/relieved ect. ect. ect.

Anywho, Enough of that, lets hop to it!



This weeks Question is:

When you've read a book, what do you do with it? 

(Keep it, give it away, donate it, sell it, swap it..?)


Two Things.
1. I'm a total Library addict.
and
2. I'm quite protective/obsessive when it comes to my books

So besides returning checked out books to the library
the ones I buy,  I put back in it's special place on my beloved bookshelf.
It's hard for me to part with my books,
don't get me wrong I like lending them out. . .
scratch that--
I LOVE lending out my books to friends/family/co-workers etc.
but unless I have another copy I wouldn't dream of getting
rid of them. . .
Although, that's the other thing
. . .
I have a thing
for multiple copies of favorite books on my shelf :)
Don't forget to leave a link to your page so
I can visit back
and last
Don't Forget to enter my
Comfort Read Giveaway

{HERE}

14 comments:

Sarah Brown said...

I'm a serious hoarder who really needs help I even keep the books I don't really like, new follower, thanks for stopping by.

Chey said...

I keep the books that I buy or win from giveaways (unless I happen to get duplicates). It's a serious addiction. :P

I'm a new follower.

Ashley @ Bookaholics Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping y, and I agree I have a hard time getting rid of any books, but i will certainly lend them to anyone I believe to be trustworthy with my books.

Unabridged Bookshelf said...

I am really stingy with my books, I know I should lend them out. But they keep coming back ruined. So I became really stingy.

Thanks for the follow, Following back now :)

Mad Scientist said...

The mass majority of the books I read are still in this house. However, I have donated some & loan most I read to a friend. (I know she will take care of my books and gives them back.) I've given a stack here and there to my tribal library on the reservation, there YA section sucks!! I wish my library was better!

Mad Scientist @ Steampunkery & Book Reviews

Kristina said...

I love the library! I just moved, and my library at home was horrible. My new library is amazing though!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Kristina
Ladybug Storytime

Thanks for following! I am following you back.

The Nocturnal Library said...

Thank you for stopping by. :)
Following back.

Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

Kate @ Kate's Book Life said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for following me, I am now following you back.

Sagacity Quest said...

Me too! I love borrowing books from my library but I also love collecting them.

Eileen said...

Thanks for following me I'm following you back! Great answer, I always feel that it's super hard to part with books, unless they're picture books from when I was three... And I don't get multiple copies of books, even though I totally would, but my parents think I'm crazy enough without begging for books I already own :p

Kristy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Lol, I remember the days when I used to be protective of my books. I even got ticked off when I saw my older sister dog ear one of my books. Don't even get me started on the multiple times I've seen people bending the spine too much. Anyways, congrats on finishing finals and have a great weekend.

Kristy
http://rantsofaucg.blogspot.com/

....Petty Witter said...

Interesting to know more about you and your books. I used to keep each and every book I read but alas quickly ran out of space. Now I only keep the ones I know I will read again, the rest I give to family and friends, take to a book swap scheme or give to a charity shop.

Chi Kittie said...

Hi KIKA - Thank you for following. I am now following back. :) Great answer. I love to lend my books to friends I trust.

- Beckie
http://www.bittersweet-enchantment.com/

Sidne said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your header. looks like me after reading for hours underneath the tree in my hammock.