Thursday, January 12, 2012

Book Bluff Buddy!

Please tell me I'm not the only one.
the one who
sits down, or walks by someone reading a book,
and then nearly falls off her chair or gives herself whiplash as she jerks back or inconspicuously leans side to side trying to get a glimpse of
what they're reading.

 this was me everyday last semester with my friend Ashley.
she was in one of my classes and everyday she would come in with a different book!
I said to myself,

"I have got to meet this girl. . . We could talk books!"
And now, she is officially a Book Bluff Buddy!
. . . 

Meet Ashley!
. . . 


When did reading become a love/obsession/necessity for you?
Um….since before I can remember. I’ve always been reading, and some of my favorite memories have been of me reading with either my mom or by myself trying to figure out how the words go.

What is your favorite genre to read?
Fantasy and Sci-Fi are actually my favorites. I love being able to travel to different places, be it different worlds and planets or how Earth might have been had we gone down a different pathway when the world was developing.

Do you have a favorite Heroine?
Um….gotta let me think on that one. Now, hear me out; I’m not a real fan of lead females. There are very few that I like, and so it makes it hard for me to actually think of one that is my favorite. But Siri from “Warbreaker” by Brandon Sanderson is my favorite heroine. She is strong and willing to do whatever it is that she needs to do. And she’s a rule-breaker…girls that don’t do what they are told are more interesting to me. And the fact that she differs from the lead girl in the book makes me happy. J

A favorite male lead?
My favorite male lead is actually Merlin from T.A. Barron’s series “Merlin.” It’s all about how Merlin came to be. It’s all about his teenage years and it goes through his life through his eyes. It’s not just an observant side of the book, but it actually comes through his mind, so you are able to see and hear and feel all that Merlin is feeling.

A favorite villain?
Hmm…a favorite villain. I don’t have a specific villain, but I don’t have a favorite villain type. I like the villains that you don’t suspect to be the villain. Like, there are the people that support the main character, and so you like them. But there is a certain twist that happens that you as the reader do not expect, that suddenly makes them the villain. I love those type of villains and the authors that can successfully pull that off have my respect as a reader!

And lastly, If you could describe  yourself with one book, what would that book be?
Oh goodness…now that’s a hard one. I’ve read a LOT of books, so I’m not sure that I would be able to pick only one book that would describe me. There are some books that have a character that feels like they would describe me. Like Dorothea Duckfontein Dillworthy (Dotty) from “Lord Brocktree” by Brian Jacques. There are times that I can see myself in her, and then there are times when I wish that I had her courage. And whenever I need a good pick-me-up book, that’s the book I pick up.

Wahooo for Ashley being the first ever 
Book Bluff Buddy!
well, to be interviewed of course, there are many book bluff buddies out there!
Hope you all are having a good day and that
winter for you, wherever you are
isn't too cold :)

1 comment:

....Petty Witter said...

Nice to meet Ashley. I have also been known to read over people's shoulders in order to find out what they are reading. As for my love affair with books ...... this began way back in my childhood, probably with the first book i was given. Then again some would say it was whilst I was still in the womb as my mam read to me even before i was born.